Foothill Workforce Development Board (FWDB)
The Foothill Workforce Development Board (FWDB) serves employers and job seekers in the San Gabriel Valley, by making investments in workplace skills development and job-specific training to help workers gain skills or obtain education and credentials that employers value. In turn, we build relationships with businesses to understand their hiring needs and match qualified workers. We maintain close relationships with schools and colleges to communicate the skills that are needed in the labor market. Ultimately, we support the economy in our region by making sure businesses have access to qualified, employable talent and are able to compete successfully.
Our 32-member board is comprised of business owners, corporate executives, local educational organizations, labor unions, economic development agencies, government entities and community based organizations. FWDB oversees the implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program and other workforce development programs. FWDB is located at 1207 E. Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91106, and is funded through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
The mission of the Foothill Workforce Development Board is to support economic growth in the San Gabriel Valley by investing in skills development and job training to ensure that businesses have qualified workforce talent and job seekers have career opportunities.
The FWDB guiding principles are:
- Building a strong system that will support economic development and will lead to good, living wage jobs for all;
- Providing opportunities for lifelong learning for the purpose of career advancement;
- Preparing a workforce that meets the changing needs of employers and helps businesses remain competitive;
- Building a cohesive, flexible, and responsive system which strives for continuous improvement;
- Promoting future independence and individual accountability of our customers;
- Integrating partner organizations into the delivery system to provide full employment and on-going support for job seekers and employers.
The FWDB is one of seven workforce development boards in the Los Angeles area, serving the communities of Arcadia; Duarte; Monrovia; Pasadena; Sierra Madre; and South Pasadena.
Foothill Employment and Training Connection (FETC)
FWDB directs the Foothill Employment and Training Connection (FETC) One Stop Center which provides provide effective employment and training strategies to job seekers and provides workforce development services to businesses. The facility is located at 1207 East Green Street in Pasadena and is funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Public Resource Area - computers connected to a variety of Internet job match system are available to the general public.
Resource Lab – our lab is equipped with computers, telephones, a printer, fax machine, copier, and Internet access to help job seekers in their search.
Computer Training Lab - our hands-on learning lab and classroom is used for short-term basic computer training.
Workshop/Conference Rooms – our multipurpose meeting rooms are used for training sessions, workshops and business services.
Services offered to job seekers who visit the FETC include:
- Career Training Information
- Career Assessment
- Internet Job Search Assistance
- Labor Market Information
- On-Site Workforce Development Partners
- Job Search Workshops
- Veteran Services
- Comprehensive & Specialized Assessment
- Individual Employment Planning & Counseling
- Case Management
- Educational Remediation
- Work Experience
- Skills Upgrade Training
- On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Youth Programs
Visit our Job Seeker Services page to learn more about these services.
Services offered by FWDB and the FETC to business include:
- Help finding rightly skilled talent for open positions
- Job fairs and recruiting for large hiring events
- Customized training for existing employees
- Wage subsidies for new hires during training period (OJT)
- Labor Market Data & information on industry trends
- Tax credits
- Resources and strategies to avoid layoffs
- On-site support for employees during layoffs, restructuring, or closure
Visit our Business Services page to learn more about these services.
Analysis of the FETC by Economic Modeling Specialists Intl. (EMSI)
Benefit-Cost Analysis of WIA Programs and Regional Economic Impact of WIB Operations
FWDB Communications Plan
Objective: To increase the awareness of FWDB among employers and potential participants.
Find the talent you need.
We know when your business has access to a qualified, employable workforce, you are able to compete successfully and contribute to a strong economy in our region. We make investments in services for businesses that help you use labor market data effectively, access tax credits or wage subsidies, and fill skill gaps with the right talent for your job openings. Learn more »
Get a job. Get training. Update your skills.
Fine tune your job search skills and get the information you need to make informed decisions about potential careers or updating your education or credentials. Our services provide job seekers with the support or training they need to become career-ready and get to work. Learn more »
Investments in our Community.
We are committed to building a strong economy in our region and increasing local employment. A network of talented community partners in workforce development, education and labor supports our efforts to ensure that businesses have access to qualified, employable talent, and job seekers have the updated skills they need to be successful. About Us »